Business Title: MMIC Layout Design / Drafter
Location: TX–Plano. Must be onsite.
MMIC Layout Design / Drafter. Lead design drafter capable of producing high quality layouts of RF/mixed-signal circuit blocks. Responsibilities include all facets of device layout and product documentation through final verification and conformance to foundry design rules. Must have solid communication skills and be able to work closely with design engineering team to realize product implementation. Applications include defense EW, radar, and communication systems, hi-rel systems, and commercial wireless.
- Produce high quality layouts of RF circuit blocks.
- Develop reticle construction, mask data preparation, and documentation services for GaAs, GaN, and other IC structures.
- Work closely with circuit design leads in implementing complex layout blocks
- Inspect and process incoming layout data using Mentor Graphic Tools.
- Run basic Design Rule Checks (DRC) and report results back to submitters.
- Assemble and manipulate data as needed for submission to the photo mask manufacturer
- Assist in enhancement and maintenance of CAD infrastructure.
- Provide direct layout or tool assistance to both internal and external customers.
- 5+ years direct experience in MMIC layout preferred
- Experienced in doing MMIC layout from top level chipscale planning down to complex circuit structures. Must have an In-depth knowledge of layout design for RF and Microwave related circuits
- Thorough understanding of implementing ESD layout structures including the proper use of clamps, diodes, and secondary ESD requirements.
- Proficient with all commercially available backend design tools (Autocad, AWR, ADS, DRC/LVS)
- Experienced in delivering tape-out ready designs to customers and foundries
- A basic understanding of RF IC design
- US Permanent Resident (green card) status required.