BUSINESS TITLE: Senior Engineering Technician
LOCATION: CA-San Diego. Must be onsite.
ENGIN-IC is seeking a Senior Engineering Technician that will support the development, optimization and production of advanced MMIC devices and integrated modules.
- Build, calibrate and maintain RF test benches with equipment including probers and network analyzers.
- Tune and Test complex microwave MMICs and integrated modules.
- Mentoring and training new hires.
- Adjust, tune, and calibrate prototypes of new products without detailed instructions.
- Support testing and maintenance of equipment used.
- Make recommendations for product, process and print improvements.
- Support the RF test lab processes and calibration records and other applicable items.
- Familiar with RF measurements including S-parameters, noise figure, switching speed, compression, and intermodulation.
- Knowledge of high power testing requirements including equipment usage, product alignment, and safety.
- Must be familiar with RF test equipment including Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators.
- Experience using and calibrating high performance network analyzers such as the Keysight PNA-X.
- Familiar with both Hybrid and SMT technologies.
- Experience with computer aided design elements including Autocad or equivalent is a plus.
- Capable of setting up and verifying detailed measurements from diagrams and/or verbal instruction
- Able to assemble and handle small items for a test environment including MIC and solder assembly techniques.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 10 years related experience
ENGIN-IC is a rapidly growing small business. Our focus on creating innovative products for the defense, space, and telecom markets is driving new opportunities. Our success starts with our employees. We strive to provide an exciting work environment that offers challenges and opportunities. All employees are offered ownership opportunities. We offer competitive benefits which include health care coverage, 401k retirement plans, company stock and bonus plans. If you want to be part of an exciting small team pushing the boundaries on new technology, ENGIN-IC is the place for you.
ENGIN-IC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of ENGIN-IC to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
JOB TYPE: Full-time