BUSINESS TITLE: Software / Test Engineer
LOCATION: CA-San Diego or TX-Plano. Must be onsite.
ENGIN-IC is seeking a Software/Test Engineer with a strong knowledge of developing Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) software to support testing of advanced MMIC devices and microwave and mm-wave modules. This position is located in San Diego, CA or Plano TX. Applicant must be able to travel between sites.
- Develop ATE software to automate testing of MMIC devices at the wafer and packaged level including automation of wafer probe stations.
- Develop ATE software to automate testing of microwave and mm-wave modules.
- Develop Graphical User Interface (GUI) to help engineers and technicians in testing.
- Develop data analysis tools to determine yields, pass / fail criteria, and other metrics.
- Develop software tools to help grow the company.
- Provide software support to the integration, verification and validation of the test processes.
- Make software and test recommendations to support testing processes.
- Work with engineering and test technicians in San Diego, CA and Plano, TX to reduce test times.
- Strong knowledge of both development and production ATE testing.
- Strong knowledge of controlling RF test equipment through software.
- Good knowledge of various RF test setups involved in testing microwave and mm-wave modules.
- Experience with software development tools such as NI LabView or LabWindows/CVI.
- Good understanding of statistics and data analysis.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A BS degree and seven (7) years of relevant experience or ten (10) years of relevant experience and demonstrated similar past performance.
ENGIN-IC is a rapidly growing small business. Our focus on creating innovative products for the defense, space, and telecom markets is driving new opportunities. Our success starts with our employees. We strive to provide an exciting work environment that offers challenges and opportunities. All employees are offered ownership opportunities. We offer competitive benefits which include health care coverage, 401k retirement plans, company stock and bonus plans. If you want to be part of an exciting small team pushing the boundaries on new technology, ENGIN-IC is the place for you.
ENGIN-IC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of ENGIN-IC to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
JOB TYPE: Full-time